Frequently asked questions
The client must have a navigation license of “Patrão Local”, RYA Day Skipper or any other equivalent.
Additionally the client must have experience sailing a boat.
Sail by the Sea will request the following information:
- Copy of navigation license
- Copy of ID document
Bookings can be done:
- In our website – https://sailbythesea.com/sailingcharter/
- By email – email@example.com
- By phone – 00351 914582735
It will take approximately 2 hours and aims to:
- Present the vessel and the way in which the main systems work (e.g. electricity, navigation equipment, safety equipment, gas, toilet, cleaning, fuel and water);
- Validate the customer’s ability to perform maneuvers in the marina and to anchor;
- Validate the customer’s ability for sailing (e.g. hoisting and lowering sails, points of sail, trim sails, reefing and heaving to).
If the customer does not demonstrate the necessary skills during the onboarding session, Sail by the Sea reserves the right to cancel the reservation and charge the customer for the onboarding session.
Yes. During the reservation process you must select the option “Skipper”. We will provide you a skipper for you to enjoy your sailing experience.
If the cancellation request is received with a minimum advance notice of 20 days prior to check-in, the following conditions apply:
- The customer is refunded with the amounts already paid, with a deduction of 50€ if the onboarding session has already taken place.
- The customer can use the amount already paid to request another booking date, in a 12-month booking window, subject to boat availability and price conditions in place.
If the cancellation request is received less than 20 days prior to check-in, the following conditions apply:
- The customer isn’t refunded with the amounts already paid.
- As courtesy to our customers, if Sail by the Sea is able to re-book any portion of the canceled reservation, customers will be refunded to the extent that Sail by the Sea is able to re-book.
- If security deposit was already paid, the same amount will be refunded.
Sail by the Sea can cancel a reservation after onboarding session if customer does not demonstrate the appropriate skills and ability to maneuver a sailboat. In this situation, Sail by the Sea will apply the above cancellation conditions, as if the customer requested the cancelation at the day of the onboarding session.
The customer may pay 100% of the cost upon reservation. Alternatively, the customer may pay 25% of the cost to confirm reservation, being the remaining 75% due 20 days before check-in.
Any reservation made within 20 days of check-in are due in full to have a confirmed reservation.
Sail by the Sea will request a wire transfer of €600 as a security deposit pay before check-in day. This amount will be refunded after validation that the vessel was delivered in good conditions by the customer.
The customer can check-in from 09:00 and check-out until 19:00 from October to April and 21:00 from May to September.
In-person check-in and check-out must be scheduled in advance
For boat rentals without skipper, the check-in may not be in person. In this situation, the customer will have to fill in a form before starting navigation. If the customer detects any non-conformity must register it and contact Sail by the Sea to obtain authorization to set sail.
For boat rentals without skipper, the check-out may not be in person. In this situation, the customer will have to fill in a form before leaving the vessel. After validation of the form and validation that the vessel was delivered in good condition by the customer, Sail by the Sea will return the deposit amount.
The check-out must happen in the same place as check-in unless another delivery place is previously agreed with Sail by the Sea.
Sail by the Sea will provide a boat usage manual before check-in with information related with the boat and security procedures in place.